[OM] Re: Insurance

Subject: [OM] Re: Insurance
From: DAVDOU9211@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2001 21:06:03 EDT
Zuikoholism leads to the amassing of some pretty nice equipment.  I got to
cataloguing my Oly stuff and my Rollei stuff and it adds up to quite an
investment.  So, the question -  what are the list members doing to insure
their cameras, etc.  I know one can get a Camera Floater attached to their
Homeowner's Policy.  Or, I guess a separate policy just for the equipment.
But how do you document it's value?  Some I got on eBay, some I traded for
and some I was given as gifts.

An example is not an Oly item, but a Rolleiflex 2.8E I have.  My out of
pocket expense to acquire the camera was $75.00 and several rounds of barter.
 How do I document that?  2.8Es in this condition go on eBay for $700+.  I
have several Oly items that I acquired with the same ultimate spread between
my out-of-pocket expense and the item's value.  I don't have a paper trail
for these things as like most of us the thing sort of grew in the night.
Knowing what I know now I should have kept records from the beginning.  I
didn't.  Now what?

What are members of the list doing about insurance?

Dave D