Re: [OM] Let's not all BIN this one at once now...

Subject: Re: [OM] Let's not all BIN this one at once now...
From: Doggre@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 16:59:16 EDT
In a message dated 7/13/01 1:05:59 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
msvphoto@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1255118286
>
>  Amazing. This BIN price is over *double* what I paid for my OM-2S that
>  was really NIB back in 1986 (and that was from an Olympus dealer with US
>  warranty). Much as I like the OM-2S, how on earth????

This one on *Bay is about the cosmetic equivalent of the one I got from
seller Rextex with broken viewfinder for $202.50, WITH nice "Made in Japan"
50/1.8.  Add $64 for viewfinder replacement (he reimbursed me), and you're
still waaaaay under $425.

About the highest prices I've seen them go for is around $275, from dealers.

But I wouldn't be surprised if the "LNIB" description gets somebody
excited.... if they'll just read the entire description, they'll see it
really isn't LNIB, and has sat, unused, for YEARS.  Would be a good candidate
for CLA right away.  Add another $150 - $175 to the $425...  and still no
lens.

Rich