Re: [OM] Ode to OM-2

Subject: Re: [OM] Ode to OM-2
From: Tris Schuler <tristanjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 13:01:45 -0700
At 03:00 PM 7/12/01 -0400, you wrote:
who's gonna go find her OM-2 and pat it...

You know, as I read down through your account I thought to myself that in the end you'd likely
go give it . . . a hug.

You're a decent writer, by the way.

My love was a black OM-1 MD w/Winder. I'm presenting my daughter with a black OM-1n w/Winder in a couple of weeks. I just bought a couple of more Winder 2's as backups to my system (why I don't know as those things never seem to wear out! I wonder how many thousands of rolls of films they're rated for) and also own a Motor Drive. I've graduated to the M-4T/Ti technology and like that a lot, though it's only as intuitive in manual mode. I'd guess that's your snag with the 4 series, too. Of course, the metering potential of the 4T's is impressive to say the least, especially if you're walking around with
limited light or shooting in wide-contrast situations.

Anyway, so I hoisted my daughter's OM-1n I just received back from John this morning from its obligatory on-the-way-to-Spain CLA to my right eye and caught deja vu all over again as I peered at that ever-so-basic exposure guide again. I must say that that brought some old memories, none of them bad. Now I didn't give
it a hug, but I did walk over and screw a Winder 1 on its bottom. <g>

Tris