XXX/2.0-lenses (was: Re: [OM] 100mm f2)

Subject: XXX/2.0-lenses (was: Re: [OM] 100mm f2)
From: T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 13:50:59 +0200 (CEST)
On Wed, 11 Jul 2001, John A. Lind wrote:

> At 12:35 7/11/01, Oben Candemir wrote:
> >No hehehe you are right :) Nor the 35 /2. But I think I have the good stuff.
> >
> >I probably will never get the 85/2, 50/2 nor the 20/2, or 35/2.
>
> The 85/2 and 35/2 are unsung heroes of the Zuikos.  I don't see myself

I second that. My 85/2.0 never (*NEVER* - dammit) leave my side, and I
would even be interrested in a second one, should such come around (often,
I carry two bodies with different films, and I hate changing lenses).

<SNIP>

> The 35/2 is very forgiving of unnatural perspectives created by room
> corners shooting indoors in tight quarters.  Much more so than the 28mm or
> especially the 24mm (but not quite as much as the 40/2).  There are two
> popular sequences of focal lengths going from super-wide to standard that
> have a natural jump between them in the perspectives rendered:
>    a.  21 --> 28 --> 50
>    b.  18 --> 24 --> 35 --> 50

<SNIP>

I own the 24/2.0 as my only wide-angle. Got it mint from Giles (for a very
fair price in a very fair trade), and I absolutely love it. However never
having tried the 35/2, I am curious if anyone have experiences /
observations to share. I might consider a second wide-angle, and while the
24/2 has served me well (and a second one thus might be a viable option),
it could be fun to try either 21 or 35.

  Thomas Heide Clausen
  Civilingeniør i Datateknik (cand.polyt)
  M.Sc in Computer Engineering