Re: [OM] AF Lenses for the OM-77AF

Subject: Re: [OM] AF Lenses for the OM-77AF
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 10:19:31 +0800
Hi Chris,

There is no Zukio AF for OM-77, they are named Olympus AF lens. The
characteristic of Olympus AF lenses vary a lot, I heard and seen from
the test report that the 70-210 is a very good lens. I have 28/2.8,
50/1.8 and 35-105. The 50 has very low contrast, 35-105 is cool in
color balance, very sharp but very high barrel distortion at 35mm end.
I think the 28 has same formula as the Zuiko 28/2.8. The response of
the OM77 is very slow even with non AF Zuiko. Be careful about battery
door, it is very easily broken.

A must have AF may be it is the 50/2.8 macro, no Zuiko can provide
focus from 1:1 to infinity. Accessories? I think it is the F280 flash
which provide a more powerful full sync flash on OM77 than on OM4Ti.

C.H.Ling