RE: [OM] 300/4.5

Subject: RE: [OM] 300/4.5
From: "Chris O'Neill" <chris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 13:42:45 -0600
Turns out, Scott, that the one I got for US$232 (US$250 after shipping
costs) is a little "rougher" than I'd hoped for.  I don't mind the moderate
paint loss, but that danged number (looks like a phone number)
scrawled on the barrel sure is upsetting.  It's still a keeper, though...
the glass is in exceptional condition, and there's *no* way I could afford
much more than what I paid for it.  So, I consider myself *lucky* to now
be the proud owner of the infamous 300/4.5 Zuiko!

In short, you got a darned decent deal, too...  Congrats!

Regards,

Chris

On 6 Jul 2001, at 8:28, Scott Gomez wrote:

> Jim,
>
> That pretty much describes one I bought last month. Condition 8.5-9, clean
> glass, Oly front and rear caps, no tripod ring, generic case. I paid USD242
> on the (in)famous auction site, and figured I had a pretty good deal until
> Chris O'Neill got his in better shape for less. :-/ I probably would have
> gone all the way to USD300.
>
> ---
> Scott Gomez

---