Re: [OM] Self-portrait

Subject: Re: [OM] Self-portrait
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 13:22:57 -0600
At 03:15 PM 7/10/2001 -0400, Bruce Kolber wrote:
>Great picture!
>I'm a little puzzled by the "640 in the longest dimension is not possible"
>part....PhotoShop (and others) can resize without doing a crop.....you may
>gain or lose pixels from the original but it still looks like the original
>(only bigger or smaller).

Actually, the picture is already cropped a great deal, and shrinking it would
make the "self-portrait" aspect of it disappear into the background noise (I
figured I had to be at least minimally recognizable!).  Even with a Polaroid
SprintScan 4000, there's only so much detail you can wrest from a
transparency...

Garth