Re: [OM] RE: eBay Photo Equipment Sellers

Subject: Re: [OM] RE: eBay Photo Equipment Sellers
From: Doggre@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2001 20:59:02 EDT
In a message dated 7/8/01 5:33:01 PM Pacific Daylight Time, oben@xxxxxxxxx
writes:

> 1. If it looks too good to be true then it probably is.
>  2. You get what you pay for.

True, Oben.  But sometimes, 1) the photo isn't of the actual item that is
sent, or else the flaw(s) is/are strategically placed OUT of the photo, and
not mentioned (missing MD caps is a common one), and/or 2) somtimes the
description is just outright deceptive -- a damn lie, in which cases, you
DON'T get what you have paid for, but something else entirely,.

I for one don't mind paying the going rate for things, when my head and gut
agree that it's an honest auction, and of course rejoice when I manage to get
a "bargain".  But if I really decide I want something, I usually bid
accordingly, and don't stop at Fang-level bids.  I'd rather get it, and have
done with it (the looking, bidding, etc.) rather than spend hours and hours,
day after day, trying to save a few bucks on something.

One person's "asking too much" is another person's "bargain".

I won't name names, but it took only a few months on the list to ascertain
that there are differences among the members as regards to fair  and
reasonable prices on OM gear.  To put it mildly.  Vive la difference.

Rich