Re: [OM] fast OM lenses in low contrast lighting...

Subject: Re: [OM] fast OM lenses in low contrast lighting...
From: Tris Schuler <tristanjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 07 Jul 2001 21:13:05 -0700

Simple - the faster you go, the shallower the depth-of-field. In low light,
you are more likely to be shooting wide open

This is one of the reasons I find using a 1-13 or 2-13 screen so useful.
With a fast lens the split image can really help.  I know screens are a very
subjective area, but the combination of the split image and spot metering
"sight"  in the OM-4t is great.

Exactly so, Dave. Here stands a man who started with split-image screens but now uses plain matte/circle for almost all of his work. If find the split-image method both slow and distracting. Go figure. (Of course I'm ancient-it could be my eyes. <g>)

Tris