[OM] Dead T-32 Flash

Subject: [OM] Dead T-32 Flash
From: johnsonpa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2001 23:49:44 -0500
I have an ailing T-32 and am hoping somebody can help me.
Here are the symptoms and other pertinent info:
This is somewhat new to me (I think), so I don't know the provenance.  In
any case, it worked fine for a while.  I think I changed the batteries, and
now it's dead: no flash ready light, no siren's song while charging, no
nothing.  There is some battery compartment leakage, but it looks to have
been restricted to the battery compartment.
After it stopped working, I either shook it in frustration or tapped it to
see if it was the batteries.  Anyway, I heard something small rattling
around in the flash.  I opened the case and couldn't find the culprit.  In
the process of looking for something broken or floating around in the case,
I decided to give the screws around the foot a quick twist just in case they
were loosening.  Well, one of the screws on the upper shelf, just under the
capacitor (?) and rear-most circuit board would just spin, i.e. it would
screw out, but never tighten down completely.  All the others seemed snug.
Next, I put the flash back together and installed the batteries to test it
out.  Nothing.  Now, I'm too afraid to open it up and get shocked!
Anybody have any thoughts or suggestions on this one?
I've got some other stuff that is due for a CLA, but if this is an easy fix
I just assume do it myself and put the cash into getting some glass cleaned.

TIA,
--p.j.