Re: [OM] Air damper wear?

Subject: Re: [OM] Air damper wear?
From: clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 07 Jul 2001 23:11:22 -0500
The typical problem when the air damper "goes bad" is that the mirror
hesitates during it's upward travel when the shutter is released.  In
other words, it seems that the air damper begins to work _too_ well!
Only replacement seems to correct this -- I've never successfully
"rebuilt" one, but it's been years since I last tried....