Re: [OM] Re: 35-70 Windfall

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: 35-70 Windfall
From: "John Pendley" <jpendley@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2001 21:44:28 -0400
Your conscious has to be your guide, but I agree that you won't be unhappy
with yourself if you do the right thing.  I'd say call them.  If it's KEH,
they're great people to work with.  Personally, I wouldn't want to take
advantage of them--mistake or no mistake.  Tom and John are probably right
that you'll get to keep the lens.  Whether you do or don't probably isn't
the question, though.  Will you be happy with yourself if you say nothing?
JohnP

Hi everyone!  It's been a while.  I thought I'd relate my windfall to ya'll.
I ordered a BGN 35-70 f3.5/4.5 (the small one) for $69.00, because I really
want to stick with 49mm filters.  The webstore I ordered it from is somewhat
well liked, and they shipped me the wrong lens.  I opened the package and
thought, man this seems Big (no it wasn't the 35-80) but it was the 35-70
3.6!  I felt guilty and thought I'd ship it back, but on the package receipt
it said, "No Return, No Exceptions".  I still feel guilty, and I really like
the lens.

I guess the question is:  What would you do?
M. Bachofen