[OM] Colored flash filter questions

Subject: [OM] Colored flash filter questions
From: "\"Thomas \\\"Hank\\\" Hogan\"" <hogant@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2001 21:05:28 -0700
Well Olympus colleagues, perhaps you might share some of your experience
with me:

I am wondering about using filter gels with my T32 flash.

A few years ago I was in the camera store, the  beautiful exotic one
with the many tatoos was working with another customer - I clutching my
take-a-number.  My number wouldn't be called for awhile; I was watching
her, our eyes met.  She reached up on the shelf and grabbed something
and tossed it to me where I stood, fully a dozen feet away.  It was a
Roscolux filter gel pack !  Oh what a lucky man , am I .

It wasn't long before I needed to take a snip off of the #12 Yellow
("STRAW") to make a screw on the back of my big Cat Eye Reflex lens for
use with Kodak EIR infrared color film (E6),  -- but I digress.

Colleagues - what are good colors to use when taking indoor stage
performances like Flamenco dancers ?

Ah, you know the place, where famous comedians had their starts ?  I
used the 55mm f1.2 wide open with 400 speed film.  The Flamenco with her
haughty pouts, her  colorful,
costume whirling.  The good photos were when the flash did not fire at
all - I wish that I'd left the flash at home !

So now I wonder about filters.

Those filters look like they would slip right into the T32 flash with
minor scissor trimming.

I'm thinking dark blue would help give a sort of "Tricolor"
filter effect when combined with the stage lighting.

I've never done this kind of phtography successfully with flash.  What
are your thoughts or suggestions ?

-- Hank