[OM] Re: Mystery Flare

Subject: [OM] Re: Mystery Flare
From: "k.matsumoto" <matsumoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2001 09:02:52 +0900
My OM-2SP had a similar problem before. I (with a new driver's
licence) was driving my car with the camera on the passenger's seat.
When the car came to a stop the camera rolled off to the floor (on
the carpet and rubber mat).

Then, something behind the display light intake window fell off and
caused light leak from there. Flare appeared occasionally but always
at the lower left corner of the frame.

I had to bring my camera to Olympus three times until they finally
isolated the source (they were trying to replace the foam but didn't
work so I claimed for a closer inspection). This happened in 1987
and the camera is OK since it was properly repaired.

kazuya matsumoto