Re: [OM] Value of 35 Shift & 24mm shift

Subject: Re: [OM] Value of 35 Shift & 24mm shift
From: johnsonpa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2001 15:11:40 -0500
First, thanks to everybody that replied quickly to my inquiry.  It seems
like the 24mm shifts are rare finds indeed.  This lens is definitely pricey,
but I'm suspecting it will be at a price I can't pass up.
For those interested, the consensus seemed to be a value of $1200-1500.  KEH
currently has one at $1599 and B&H sells them new for $1999.  I think I
remember KEH having two until just a couple weeks ago.

Also, about the 35mm shift: $700 seems way high.  I think the one being sold
by negresco on e*ay won't go higher.  (S)he has listed this at least a few
times now.  I would put the value on one around $300-350 if you are just
shopping around and $400 if you _really_ need it.  FWIW, Woodmere Camera has
three right now priced from $449 to $559.  In fact, someone might be able to
talk them down a little on the price since they have three.  Of course,
that's just a guess and I have no connection to them.

Oh well, thanks again.  The knowledge and advice on this list is invaluable.
I only wish I could contribute more and take less :-)

--p.j.