Re: [OM] OT Tallest tree

Subject: Re: [OM] OT Tallest tree
From: Dirk Wright <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2001 12:14:41 +0000
Chip Stratton wrote:

> To a very large degree I think we have to thank the sometimes insufferable
> French for keeping England otherwise occupied, and lending military support
> to us at critical junctures of the Revolution. Otherwise, I doubt we would
> have pulled it off.
>
> Chip Stratton
> cstra@xxxxxxxxx
>
> > Dirk said: Imagine a small upstart colony with few weapons
> > challenging the greatest empire on the
> > planet at that time. Incredible. Even more incredible that we won.

yeah, got to agree with that. I admit that I know very little about the
history of that period.

I found the house interesting though. For example, I did not know that
the floors were left unfinished because they were scrubbed regularly,
that the shutters were on the insides of the windows, and that they
painted all of the interior wood trim. The last then made me wonder who
popularized the feature of finished interior trim. I don't think it was
the Victorians in the late 19th century, was it? The earliest style that
I can recall that had finished interior wood trim was FL Wright and his
Prairie School houses. Anyone know?
--
A happy makefile for you too.

Dirk Wright