RE: [OM] Is my camera bugged...?

Subject: RE: [OM] Is my camera bugged...?
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2001 18:19:31 -0700
Or - for the non-organic - in a sealed container with one of those wardrobe
moth killer thingies or a piece of a fresh pet flea collar (the bit you
always seem to have to trim off if Fido isn't a Rottweiler). That's what
I'm going for. Might even give the camera a 'new' smell!
If you think dust mites, etc. in your camera is scary, I won't even begin
to tell you what lives on your skin, hair, etc. You'll be scratching for
weeks.
AndrewF

An easier method might be to place the camera gear inside a cedar-lined
chest, like a blanket or hope chest. I've often wondered whether this might
not help keep down fungus also. Aromatic cedar is very insect and rot
resistant, hence its common use as chest linings for long-term storage of
wool.

---
 >Scott Gomez

You do have to be careful with this. I have read that mothball fumes will breakdown some plastics.
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California