[OM] Another body for my sons, was: Rewind Crank Knob?

Subject: [OM] Another body for my sons, was: Rewind Crank Knob?
From: Chuck Norcutt <norcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2001 05:48:38 -0400
Curtis said:
Also, I'm contemplating another body, for my sons to use on occasion.
Any suggestions relative to an OM-G, OM-PC or OM-2000(!)?  <snip>  Any
words on expected cost for the -G or -PC?
-------------------------------
I knew Tom would praise the OM-G and at $50 it's a great camera.
However, I can't let the PC go without a word of praise.  The PC is very
much akin to an OM-2sp but substitutes "ESP" metering (two zones) for
spot metering and does not have interchangeable screens.  But apart from
the screens I think it's a near full system camera... winder, TTL flash,
etc.  The PC will cost you about $75 instead of $50 but you do get a lot
more.  If the kids are small you need to consider the trade-off between
disposability at $50 or program mode ease of use for $75.  Fortunately,
you can't go far wrong either way.

Chuck Norcutt
Woburn, Massachusetts, USA