Re: [OM] Back cap sources?

Subject: Re: [OM] Back cap sources?
From: Gary Reese <pcacala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 11:15:55 -0700
There is something very non-professional about selling lenses without
caps.  If a seller is skimping by not putting at least generic caps on a
lens, then what else might they be leaving out of the deal?  I'm
curious, though.  When KEH doesn't specifically mention caps, do buyers
at least get generic ones?

BTW, tape those caps down when shipping.  I keep a supply of drafting
tape for such purposes.  It is easily removed without leaving any
adhesive behind.  A lens in which a cap slips off in transit and rubs on
the lens coating is something you want to avoid.  One buyer BOLDLY told
me no tape, after wanting a lengthy explanation of how I would package.
Hopefully rubber bands held in place for that shipment.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV