Re: [OM] 100/2:8 SC vs MC

Subject: Re: [OM] 100/2:8 SC vs MC
From: Gary Reese <pcacala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2001 14:04:39 -0700
Henrik D. writes:

<< I can get a 100/2:8 really cheap. It's a blacknose E.Zuiko, with
serial 1633xx.The list http://www.zuikoholic.com/lenscoatings.txt says
the numbers 1600xx and up are MC. So is this an exception from the
"letter.Zuiko" rule of SC vs MC? >>

No, the list was subject to many people's interpretations of their own
lenses and that entry has to be in error. Try 180,000 and up as being
multicoated, with those from 180,000 to 190,000 (marked MC) not
necessarily being fully multicoated the way those from 190,000 on are.
It would take examination of the factory cross section diagram to know
how many multicoated elements are really in the MC marked version.

<< I love this lens (got an old silvernose) and would like the MC
version. Should I ask the guy who sells it to check for green? >>

The few interim examples of this lens marked "MC" do appear to have
green reflections (like the "Zuiko" ones), so that would be a
distinguishing characteristic.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV