Re: [OM] Who owns your photograph

Subject: Re: [OM] Who owns your photograph
From: "Bob Whitmire" <rlw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2001 12:36:06 -0400
I worked for the New York Times Co. through its Regional Newspaper Group for
14 years. I know many Times lawyers, having sat through any number of legal
seminars about issues such as this one. After I left the paper's employ, I
kept writing a weekly political column. But then a year or so later I quit
when the Times Co. changed its free-lance policy from one-time rights to
work-for-hire. Not that my columns would ever have withstood collecting into
a volume, but damned if I was going to let the Times Co. have ownership.

Still, even now lo these nine years later there is wonderful entertainment
value in reading the Times editorial page about justice, fairness and the
American way, and then recalling all the seminars, memos and such I was
subjected to as a management employee.

Life is wonderful!

--Bob