[OM] Re: how oly shutters work?

Subject: [OM] Re: how oly shutters work?
From: DBellamy2k@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 11:10:32 EDT
Chris Charlton <c_charlton@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
<< Could anyone explain to me a little more on how oly
  shutters work? I know they are a cloth type focal
  plane shutter, with spools at either end, and thats
>>  about it.... :-) >>

Ther is a nice little bit in the OM-4Ti Champagne brochure about the shutter
(with respect to the F280 flash high speed sync). It is at:

http://www.deakin.edu.au/~peterg/brochures_om34.html
and select the OM4Ti Champagne brochure and download the .pdf file.

There also some nice photos of the shutter assemblies in some of the
brochures, such as the OM-3Ti brochure, but no detailed diagrams apart from
the exploded views in the OM-1 and OM-2 brochures maybe.

Maybe there are some explanations in the Olympus FAQ pages too:
http://brashear.phys.appstate.edu/lhawkins/photo/photo.shtml

I suppose the service/repair manuals are needed!

Dave Bellamy.
http://hometown.aol.com/sitesearch/