[OM] Floppy Bounce Grip 2 - Hank has same problem

Subject: [OM] Floppy Bounce Grip 2 - Hank has same problem
From: Norma Foltz <nfoltz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 1980 01:37:29 -0800
John,

My BG2 has the same problem -  I caused it by mounting a heavy plastic flash
projection
device (one that uses a fresnel lens) and attaches by velcro - I think this
just wore something
inside the BG2's head.  I removed some parts before I gave up.   Mine may not
be as bad off
as your bounce head because it only flops around about twenty five degrees in
one direction.

You could try to wrap some black electricians tape around it as a temporary fix
- I have started
using it again with a T20 flash to which is mounted a LumiQuest Mini Soft Box
and I just love this
combination despite continued floppiness of the flash head !

I did a test roll recently with a Sakar 135/2.5 macro lens and a 50mm/1.4 with
a Hoya zoom close
up filter of some hummingbirds and a hibiscis flower.   I was amazed a how good
the 50mm + Hoya combination was for macro when used at f 8 with the flash and
MiniSoft box.

If you or anyone wants to see this test roll it is on OFOTO (which has this
share your foto option
I can send you the link but you will have to use your credit card to join OFOTO
if you are not a
member of it already)

Anyway,   If you figure out how to fix this thing yourself then maybe you could
share the method
of this repair,  because I don't think this repair is covered on the Hawkin's
pages.

-- Hank Hogan <hogant@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                        http://flzhgn.home.mindspring.com/indexc.htm