Re: [OM] (Fwd) OM4 Fault...HELP??

Subject: Re: [OM] (Fwd) OM4 Fault...HELP??
From: Bill Stanke <bstanke@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 13:54:45 -0700
This does not sound like a good use of your time or resources. You will
probably need to buy some tools and supplies, a repair manual, and a
shutter tester of some sort. I would bite the bullet, and send it in to
Clint or John.  That way, you will eventually have a perfectly working
OM-4.  The usual outcome of DIY camera repairs is a large Zip-loc bag of
camera parts.

If you are still determined, I would buy an "as-is" OM-1 from E-Bay or a
pawnbroker.  If you can fix it, great.  If not, the amount of damage is
minimal, and you will have gotten this out of your system.

If you feel the need to work on something, buy an old MG or Triumph.
These actually respond pretty well to the repair work of a talented
amateur.

Just my two cents (from a guy with two junk OM-1s in the basement and a
MG Midget in the driveway).

Bill Stanke

Giles wrote:

> [...]

<snip>