Re: [OM] Bags. Was: Flash

Subject: Re: [OM] Bags. Was: Flash
From: T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 13:38:47 +0200 (CEST)
Hi Bernd,

On Tue, 12 Jun 2001, Bernd Möller wrote:

> Hi Sam, Thomas and all you others,
>
> > > (p.s. if anyone remembers, I did buy another camera bag to house my new
> > > toys, and I don't have enough kit to fill it.... help!)
>
> Sam, that problem will solve over time. Just keep on the list for,
> let's say, one month per litre of free camera bag space and you will see
> it filling up rather fast.

Or you can contact Tom Scales, and ask for a copy of his "How to build the
largest collection in a week"-bestseller ;)

> > Well. I have the opposite problem: the S.O. gave me the largest LowePro
> > professional AW available for my birthday last year. Exciting, to be sure,
> > but after filling it, I still had gear laying around - enough to fill
> > another such bag.....
>
> Thomas, this is a problem quite known to me. It seems Lowes bags are
> too small (I have one tiny bag that carries one body with lens and
> something like two other lenses or one lense and a flash) Personally I

Maybe so - but the Lowe Pro's are still the best bags I've come
around. Both size- and protection-wise.

> no longer rely on bags, but have purchased a kind of suitcase with foam
> molds. Then one suitcase is filled I just buy another. (This will not be
> the case, however, because I can handle the addiction).

Yeah, I have some watercases too (you know, those industrial boxes which
not even the most eager airline can manage to damage). They do work for
storing, but are not terribly pratical for carrying gear. I do,
occationally, carry a rather large set around (3-4 bodies, number of
lenses, often a MF and a tripod). The LowePro's are thus far the only
ones which could contain the required volume and sustain the weight, short
of me pulling a cart around (or entering the slave-market?).

  Thomas Heide Clausen
  Civilingeniør i Datateknik (cand.polyt)
  M.Sc in Computer Engineering

  E-Mail: T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx