[OM] Re: [OM] 135/3.5 ¿ MC-SC ?

Subject: [OM] Re: [OM] 135/3.5 ¿ MC-SC ?
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 14:44:19 -0700
 >I have three lenses:
     E.Zuiko 135 f 3.5 silver rim.
     E.Zuiko 135 f 3.5 black rim
     "Zuiko" 135 f 3.5 Black.
I guess all three lenses are single coated.
Ángel Lobo.

I think that the third one is probably multi-coated.  Olympus dropped
the letter designation for the number of lens elements and added MC
to the lens ring legend when they began multi-coating. Later they
dropped the MC designation after they whole system was multi-coated

I don't want to start a fight, but I think Ángel may be correct.  I have
a Zuiko 135 3.5 black rim (SN 4102XX) that is decidedly SC (very yellow
reflection, only slight purple reflection).  I can't give the age of the
lens,
but no one reported a higher SN on the coating survey.

--p.j.

You may be right about yours, but I did not say that all black rim lenses are SC. Does yours say E.Zuiko or Zuiko?

Winsor
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California