Re: [OM] remove

Subject: Re: [OM] remove
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 16:26:22 +0000
I don't think it offended the list, nor was I offended.

It takes a little work to track them down. If you're interested in the process, email me privately. I believe I still have the tutorial sent to a couple other list members a while back. The other option is to simply delete the spam. I started tracking it down when the huge quantity of it became irritating.

Just remember that following instructions to remove yourself from a spammer's mailing list has the opposite effect; it only results in more. There's no such thing as a "opt out" in the spamming business. My original response was knowing that following removal instructions would only heap more of the spam on yourself; something you were apparently trying to stop.

-- John

...so now Henrik Dahl (full of remorse) writes:

Sorry. I have very little experience of SPAM-mail. I didn't even realize this was one; there's been a couple of "contests" in the list last week. I thought I accidentally must have entered something. I have no idea what a source ISP is or how to track one down.
Again, sorry if I offended the list.
Henrik