Re: [OM] remove

Subject: Re: [OM] remove
From: Henrik Dahl <hdahl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 23:00:38 +0200
At 10:11 6/11/01, Henrik Dahl wrote:
Thank you for entering.

[rest of SPAM removed]

to be removed reply to this message with "remove' in the subject line

and John answered:

The LAST thing you ever do with SPAM is follow the "remove" instructions!!!!

How do you think they verify *good* email addresses for sending you more of this junk? It's the spammer's most commonly used _sucker_ ploy.

The only real way to fight back is learn how to track it to the source ISP and complain enough that the account is terminated along with any other web sites and mail systems they are using.

BTW, since this one was also sent to the list, your reply went right back to the list.

-- John

...so now Henrik Dahl (full of remorse) writes:

Sorry. I have very little experience of SPAM-mail. I didn't even realize this was one; there's been a couple of "contests" in the list last week. I thought I accidentally must have entered something. I have no idea what a source ISP is or how to track one down.
Again, sorry if I offended the list.
Henrik