Re: [OM] 40/2 lens hood/flair

Subject: Re: [OM] 40/2 lens hood/flair
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2001 14:35:54 +0200
Tony

The 85/2's hood is the one for the 40/2.  Gary Edwards kindly sent me
one from the US for my 40/2 a couple of years ago, and it stopped the
flare for me (within limits of course).  I have to confess (FvL) that
I have sold my 40/2 now (on *B*y for the normal amount) but I have
kept the hood for my 58/2 in case I wish to shoot contrejour
subjects.  I don't believe that you can prevent flare entirely in
some shots, but you can normally see that in the viewfinder before
hand.

Chris

I have a 40/2, but not the corresponding lens hood. One of the facts lists
gives the 85/2 hood as being applicable - which I am using. Trouble is I am
experiencing flair in against-the-lights shots, which makes me wonder about
the hood's suitability. Or maybe it's something else?

Any thoughts/observations please?

Tony Winkless