Re: [OM] When that shift lens isn't enough...

Subject: Re: [OM] When that shift lens isn't enough...
From: Vaughan Bromfield <vaughan.bromfield@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2001 11:04:23 +1000
Eric

The focal length is the focal length (that is, it'll be an 80mm lens)
because the camera *format* has not changed. Slap the 80mm lens on 4x5
and it's a wide angle, on 6x6 it's normal, and on 35mm it's long. (Note
I didn't say "telephoto" because that's an optical design to shorten the
lens length, not a description of the angle of view.)

A Speed Graphic could be picked up for a fifth of the cost, and probably
have more movement than this contraption. The depth of the camera body
will cause vignetting with movement off-axis. The SLR viewing might be
nice, though somewhat dim with the slow lenses.

I'm a "right tool for the job" person.

Vaughan