Re: [OM] was World of OM Systems - reciprocity failure

Subject: Re: [OM] was World of OM Systems - reciprocity failure
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 03 Jun 2001 15:54:53 +0000
At 15:17 6/2/01, you wrote:
Very true!! Incidently - does anyone know where I can find information on
reciprocity for Kodak Supra film?  I couldn't find any information on the
Kodak site other than it is only a factor in exposures greater than 1
second.  I've exposed the 100 film up to 15 seconds with no noticable color
shift  - but would still like to have the information!

Jim Caldwell

Jim,
This is interesting as Kodak usually provides reciprocity failure exposure compensation data. I had to see this for myself. Their "pdf" format data sheet is here:
http://www.kodak.com/global/en/professional/support/techPubs/e2519/e2519.pdf

In it, under "Adjustments for Long and Short Exposures," it states that ISO 100 and ISO 800 are good from 1/10,000th to 1 second, and ISO 400 is good from 1/10,000th to 10 seconds. The surprising part is the lack of a compensation table. Perhaps that's what you were looking for. All Kodak has to say is: "At longer exposure times, exposure compensation is required." [DOH!] IMO it's an idiotically obvious statement that leaves out _how_much_ compensation, especially for a professional film.

-- John