Re: [OM] Help Needed!!

Subject: Re: [OM] Help Needed!!
From: "Scott Nelson" <SNelson@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 10:24:47 -0400
Expose for the geese and dodge the background.

>>> boldbolty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx 08:14:15 05/31/2001 >>>
I have found the list to be very helpful in answering my queries, so I ask
again for your help. The other day I was shooting a group of geese with my
OM-10. Although I was happy with the following poses I captured the geese in, I
was unhappy about the exposure. I have found that the background is too dark.
If I had of allowed for an extra stop in compensation to lighten the background
I think I would have lost any contrast in the geese and lost more detail in
their plumage from over exposure. I was using Extrafilm 200 (Basically Agfa HDC
I believe) with a 200mm lens at 1/250 sec at f5.6. Any ideas on how to
compensate for this (filters, bracketing etc).Here are the links to the shots
in question
http://content.communities.ninemsn.com.au/isapi/fetch.dll?action=show_photo&ID_Community=AussieColours&ID_Topic=6&ID_Message=134

http://content.communities.ninemsn.com.au/isapi/fetch.dll?action=show_photo&ID_Community=AussieColours&ID_Topic=6&ID_Message=133

For those interested, my OLY has been busy lately, so I have posted some new
photos to my photo site
http://content.communities.ninemsn.com.au/AussieColours/PhotoAlbum
Thanks in advance and I hope you enjoy my site

Cheers Adam