Re: [OM] New Kit (I just can't stop myself any more)

Subject: Re: [OM] New Kit (I just can't stop myself any more)
From: T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 11:36:40 +0200 (CEST)
On Thu, 31 May 2001, Andy Gilbert wrote:

> > My SO recently asked just how I was gonna use all these cameras, and I had
> > to explain all the reasons for having multiple bodies of multiple types...
> > Thanks to this list, I had all the proper answers right to hand. :-)
>
> Proper answers or answers that your SO will accept? As far as the list is
> concerned the propre reason is something like, "well I already have this
> body but in black, now I need a chrome one". Or, "well I didn't have every
> version of every body/lens". I don't think that either is an acceptable
> answer for the SO.
>
> Andrew "Frugal" Dacey
>
>    What about "I need to buy this body to keep my system going well into the
> future, as an insurance against breakdowns,otherwise all these lenses will
> be useless and I'll have to spend thousands on a new N#~?=n system". It
> worked for my nice new OM2n anyway :)

Ahem, I was browsing the OM lens handbook the other evening (thanks
Jeremy) and while admireing a particular photo with the SO (who's,
fortunately, also a photo-addict), I rambled away about lenses and bodies
and happend to mention the OM3Ti. "You don't have one of those, do you?" -
"No", I had to confess, "I don't". "Why not?", the SO demanded "Is it not
a good camera?". Well, it is, but I brought up the politically correct
arguments about the price being rather high and all, only to be
interrupted by "You should go buy one while they still make them - they
do take the lenses you have, don't they...?"

Well, that's to love ;)

I'm still holding back before investing in an OM3Ti, though. There are a
few items with higher priority on the photographic investment-list, and I
also have no urgent need for yet another body (yeah, right - who am I
kidding?)

--
Mange hilsner / Sincerely

  Thomas Heide Clausen