Re: [OM] Who says OM ain't Pro

Subject: Re: [OM] Who says OM ain't Pro
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 12:54:50 -0700
While all the discussions about 35-80 distortion, dipthongs etc have been
going on I managed to get out and do a little shooting. Have been fortunate
in the past to have quite a few shots published (Aviation Mags, book,
newspaper, Canada Info Office etc) but a cover has always eluded me. This
morning I received my copies of the local Tourism Guide and --- roll the
drums -- they used three of my shots for the cover and another 12 inside.
The guide goes out to all the BC Travel Centres as well as on the BC
Ferries, Washington State Ferries and travel centres in the Pacific
Northwest. Best of all I get paid for all this.

For the technically inclined the cover shots were all done with my OM-1md
and Zuiko 64-200/4 zoom. The inside shots were all with OM-1md and a
variety of Zuikos (35/2, 24/2.8, 35-70/4 zoom and 85/2). Yes this is the
same camera I originally started with in 1976.

'Case anyone wants to take a peek I've scanned the cover and it can be seen at
        http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Prairie/9529/MagCover.jpg

Enough of tooting my own horn - let's get back to dipthongs.
Barry H

Enough if this off topic rant about OMs and photography. Back to eBay shopping. Sheesh.
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California