Re: [OM] Voigtlander and their Lenses (Now OT)

Subject: Re: [OM] Voigtlander and their Lenses (Now OT)
From: "Ralph Nitschke" <ralph_nitschke@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 22:27:56 -0700
Hi Rich and Skip,

I've never considered rangefinder cameras before, and must plead ignorant -
I hadn't heard of Voigtlander prior to this discussion.  I had a quick look
at www.photographyreview.com and there is a very strong following for the
body and the lenses (the () brackets show a rating out of 5).

Olympus:
OM-4Ti (4.61):
http://www.photographyreview.com/reviews/35mm_cameras/product_5623.asp
Zuiko 24mm 2/2.8 (4.00):
http://www.photographyreview.com/reviews/35mm_lenses/product_5681.asp

Voigtlander:
Bessa-R (4.53):
http://www.photographyreview.com/reviews/35mm_rangefinders/product_5986.asp
25mm Snapshot-Skopar f/4 (4.50):
http://www.photographyreview.com/reviews/35mm_lenses/product_6379.asp

I'm intrigued by what I've read on the Voigtlander combo, but I'm very happy
by my OM/24 combo.  But I do think I'll be traveling a little ligter next
time ;-)

Cheers,

Ralph