[OM] Voigtlander and their Lenses

Subject: [OM] Voigtlander and their Lenses
From: Rich Lahrson <tripspud@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 15:57:24 -0700
I agree that there would be a market for a handy 24mm camera to take on
trips, and this camera looks very interesting: Voigtlander BESSA-R
Rangefinder ($499 US) & 25mm Snapshot-Skopar f/4 ($339 US), but given
the
price, I think I don't think I'll be picking................

Ralph,

     Keep in mind that all the Voigtlander lenses are Leica screwmount.
They'll
fit less costly rangefinders like the old Russian Zorkis, available for
like fifty
dollars on eBay all the time.  Plus these Voigtlander lenses are
occassionally
showing up used on eBay.

    Years ago,  I had a screwmount Leica with the Nikkor 25/4.  This
lens has
become very expensive, I doubt I could afford one now.  This lens is one
of
the most compact of its type, extending only a few millimeters from the
body.

    I like the 24/25mm focal length.  I'm planning to get a 24/2.8
Zuiko.

                                                    Cheers,

Rich Lahrson

tripspud@xxxxxxxxxxxx