Re: [OM] Macro Questions

Subject: Re: [OM] Macro Questions
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 00:31:01 +0000
At 19:23 5/24/01, Garth Wood wrote:
John:

You could always post such images to a Web page, and then include a link in your e-mail. Those who are interested can follow the link -- the rest can ignore it at their leisure. ;-)

Garth

OK . . . here it is to view or ignore at your leisure (your choice). There are three graphs on the following web page showing, for constant image magnification:

1.  How focal length affects DOF
2. How the circle of confusion grows behind the DOF for five focal lengths in creating an "out of focus background." 3. How "field width" (perspective) changes behind subject and DOF for five focal lengths.

The graphs were set up for 0.25X magnification, the threshold for macros, an aperture of f/11, and a circle of confusion of 0.025mm, one of the accepted standards for 35mm format film.

  http://johnlind.tripod.com/lenses.html

Be patient; each of the three graphs is about 100k in size. Although I created the graphs as "GIF's" I haven't been able to minimize their file size yet.

-- John