Re: [OM] Re: OT Endoscopes/Digital

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: OT Endoscopes/Digital
From: "W. J. Liles" <wliles@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 22:26:41 -0500
Dr. Oben Candemir wrote:

> Olympus endoscopes are exclusively used at the Eye and Ear hospital in
> Melbourne where I work. All the microscopes we use in the pathology
> department are Olympus also. I have thought of taking photographs of
> pathology slides to include in a book.. does anyone have a microscope
> adapter for OM cameras they don't use... or know is available somewhere?

If you have a "trinocular" head on your scope it should accept an
Olympus adaptor for an OM camera.  You'll need the adaptor and a special
ocular lense designed to work with a camera.  Olympus has (or had?) a
reticle that fit in an eyepiece that outlined the size of the image
projected on the film plane that allows you to compose without having to
use the camera finder.  The Olympus microscoope representative to your
hospital should be able to supply what you need.

I have used my OM2s and my OM1n for photomicrography of pathology
specimens for tumor board with good success.

Jerry Liles