[OM] [OT] A wee joke

Subject: [OM] [OT] A wee joke
From: Ray Moth <ray_moth@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 19:50:28 -0700 (PDT)
I apologise not for this joke, save only if it offendeth thee.

A religious leader of great piety passed away and found himself before
the pearly gates.  An angel spake thusly to him: "Where goest thou, O
man of the cloth?"

"Well, since I have tried to be a devout man for most of my life, I was
hoping that I might be admitted into Paradise," replied the man.

"Ah, that will need to be discussed," rejoined the angel. "Sittest thou
on yonder chair whilst thou waitest."

The religious man did as he was bid but no sooner had he sat down than
another man approached the pearly gates.  This newcomer spoke only
briefly to the angel and was directly invited to enter Paradise.

Rather disgruntled, the cleric arose from the chair, went over to the
angel and asked: "Excuse me, why is it that man is allowed to enter
straight away whereas I, a holy man, am ordered to wait? Has he been a
particularly good and pious man?  Pray tell, what are his
qualifications?"

"As a matter of fact, he was a London taxi driver," replied the angel.

"What!" the man protested. "A cabbie gets preference over me? How can
that be?"

"Well, he's put the fear of God into a lot more people than you have!"
was the angel's curt reply.

Regards,

=====
Ray