Re: [OM] 35-70/80/85 F2.8 zooms

Subject: Re: [OM] 35-70/80/85 F2.8 zooms
From: "Scott Nelson" <SNelson@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 14:08:41 -0400
Interestingly, Warren, I happen to be looking for a Tampon 35-105/2.8 right now
having come to the same conclusion about its price/performance. Plenty of AF's
around, but so far, not much luck in MF at any price. Shoulda got one when I
was in Bangkok, I see a store there has one for USD 242.

>>> WKato@xxxxxxx 08:19:31 05/23/2001 >>>
Dave,
You might also want to consider the Tamron 35-105/2.8 zoom. It tested in
Photodo about the same as the Zuiko 35-80/2.8 and in Popular Photo as one of
the best zooms in this range. You should be able to find one for about
$250-300. For collecting in general, I would cover the photographic range
that I need first (get that 300/4.5 if you need it) and then replace ones you
already have (Vivitar with whatever). That way you will be able to wait for
better buys to replace individual lens as you will have the range covered
already.

Warren