[OM] OM10, erratic shutter

Subject: [OM] OM10, erratic shutter
From: Allan Bigham <bigham@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 17:37:52 +1200
Having used two OM1N's for the last seven years, I have thought of
resurrecting an early OM10 that I have had since 1980. I understood that
this model and vintage had a fault in its circuit board that shows up as
longer than expected shutter speeds. This would occur for me both on auto
and also on manual. Is there a circuit fault, or is it just oil on the
shutter magnet as mentioned by John Hermanson in Camera Repair FAQ? Not
having used it for 10 years I have retrieved it from the cupboard and it
sounds as if it is behaving, I need to put a bit of film through it to
verify. If it were oil its probably dried up by now!

I would appreciate opinion on this as the local agents told me that it was
not repairable. Resurrecting this would give me more time to look for a 4Ti.

Thanks Allan.