[OM] another OM10 back door problem

Subject: [OM] another OM10 back door problem
From: "John ORegan" <joreg@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 21:17:44 +0100
I have a recent acquisition - an OM10 with a back door that only stays
closed with the force of gravity! I know this is a recent thread, but my
symptoms are a little different. The door catch is fine, but the hook on the
body has gone all floppy. I read the Repair Faqs and it describes the sudden
ejection of the hook tensioner spring when disassembling. I guess this is
what happened to mine in a previous existance so I have a floppy spring. My
'10 is cosmetically challenged but otherwise works OK. Its not worth paying
someone to repair it but it could be satisfying to do it myself.

Question: is this spring easy enough to replace or should I just continue to
wrap an elastic band around it when in use? - I've never looked inside a
camera's insides before.

Another question - I suppose the general consensus must be that the
Cosina/Vivitar/ANother 19-35 is not a sensible replacement or supplement for
Zuiko wideangles (21/24/28) just to go a bit wider and narrower? Archives
are a bit vague on the quality of this lens - I just a general feeling of
its OK-ness.

Tia

JohnOR