Re: [OM] Fw: Tamron and Olympus equipment for sale

Subject: Re: [OM] Fw: Tamron and Olympus equipment for sale
From: rdk@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 20:38:02 +0200

I visited Ulf a few weeks ago when I bought his last OM-1n, and a few other
things (I took the train over the new Denmark/Sweden bridge). I can confirm that
this Tamron lens is in great condition; the lens hood paint looked a bit the
worse for wear, but functionally was fine. Other than that, the lens looks fine.
He used it for his marvellous bird photography, but has now replaced it with a
Canon EOS lens (even better, but at three times the cost!). For an Olympus
photographer, this must be an ultimate 'birding' lens. Out of my league
financially too, but I feel obliged to recommend it to anyone with the necessary
funds! I believe that Ulf originally paid considerably more than his current
asking price........
Note that on his web page, Ulf descibes the lens as just served; he means 'just
serviced', if you had already not worked it out!

regards
Roger Key, Copenhagen

Hello everyone

Thought I'd pass on something that I found today in case someone here is
interested. It's a fellow
Swede, in fact our old friend and former(?) list member Ulf Westerberg, who is
selling off his
(last?) Oly equipment on his webpage. The most interest item should be his
Tamron 400/4 lens with
matched converters 1.4x and 2x including case, and Adaptall-2 for Olympus or
Nikon - all in C-
condition. Seem like a very nice lens set if you ask me, but unfortunately it's
way out of my
wallet. FWIW, the URL is
http://www.bolina.hsb.se/hsidor/ulf-westerberg/equip.htm

Regards,