[OM] [OT] - burned on ebay

Subject: [OM] [OT] - burned on ebay
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 14:49:43 -0500
Well, I just got a note from a buyer on ebay.  He bid on my 18/3.5.  He and
another bidder fought at the end and he bid the price up to $860 --
certainly a high price, even EX+ in box.

Now I get a note that he told his wife and she's mad and he's not going
through with the auction!  He'd also researched (after the auction) the
price new and decided he'd overbid.  SO?!?!?  Do your research before you
bid.

Boy, am I upset (fill in a stronger word here).

I've overbid before, but never would I have considered backing out of the
deal. I just don't get it. Do people bid for fun and then ask their spouse's
permission?

Just venting, no need to start a thread here.  Comments are welcome, just do
it privately to tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx as I don't want to clutter the list.

Tom