RE: [OM] OM-3 prices

Subject: RE: [OM] OM-3 prices
From: "Timpe, Jim" <Jim.Timpe@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 06:17:05 -0700
I'm feeling just a little bit 'Doris-y' today.  In light of this particular
thread, I'm almost afraid to mention what I stumbled onto this weekend.  I
was making my quasi-regular visit to the local shops that actually sell used
gear and came upon an OM-3 in excellent condition.  Had a 50/1.8 body cap on
it.  This was at about five minutes before store closing on Friday night.  I
haggled with the salesman trying to talk him down $50 on their asking price.
He'd only come down $15.  I said thanks, but no thanks and left.  Mulled it
over all day Saturday, and after my church activities Sunday morning went
back to the store and was there when they opened.  Dealt with the same
salesman, and we came to terms.  I'm now the ecstatic owner of one of these
fine cameras for the grand total (sorry Oben) of $300... and from a store
chain no less (Camera's West, which is now part of the Ritz chain I'm told).

And all this was after finding one of the winders with integral
invervalometer at Kenmore Camera for $19.50 on Friday evening.  I've gotten
good deals in the past (largely lucky strikes on E*ay), but this was almost
like Christmas in May.  And I now feel as though I've tread ever so closely
now to hallowed Doris Fang ground.  I am not worthy!!

Forgive my unabashed gloating,
Jim