Re: [OM] OM-3 prices

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-3 prices
From: Ray Moth <ray_moth@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 04:28:17 -0700 (PDT)
Oben Candemir wrote:
Check out my new toy...

Item #1239164469

The seller emailed me with the following (excerpt):

"...One thing I forgot to put in the camera's description, and was
about to add, is that the focusing screen is the grid type for
architecture with vertical and horizontal lines etched.
It's fine for general photography (or of course could be replaced) and
not in any way a problem for you I'm sure, just thought I should
mention
it.  Anyhow I'm sure you'll be very happy with this camera ..."

Should I be worried?
Oben,

No, don't worry!  The plain matt screen with gridlines assists with
measurement, framing and keeping the camera horizontal. It's also a
much better screen than the standard 1-13 (or 2-13) for focusing long
telephotos and in the macro range. It works well with all lenses and,
indeed, some people prefer it for general use because they find the
central focusing aids of the standard screen disturb their composition.
The only drawback is, of course, that the lack of split image and
microprism can cause difficulties for people with defective eyesight.
Anyway, good luck!

Regards,

=====
Ray