[OM] Unofficial Olympus Web Photo Gallery, redux

Subject: [OM] Unofficial Olympus Web Photo Gallery, redux
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 May 2001 15:41:50 -0600
Well, finally got the jet-lag under control, and as promised, I've started work
once again on the latest update to the Gallery.

My apologies to all for the extended time period this update is taking -- I've
simply been swamped with other things.  I hope never to have this go as long
again between updates (I'm usually happy with eight-week intervals).

I have 21 submitters and several hundred photos to go through, and I'm burning
most of my holiday (Canadian) weekend to do this.  For those who wonder what
takes so long, well, I'm pretty anal about viewing every picture and doing
quality adjustments (if possible) in Photoshop, and of course, I make the
thumbnails, examine (and manipulate) file size and image (pixel) size, change
the unusable file names so often submitted into names that won't make a Web
server choke, etc., etc., etc.  Then I have to transfer everyone's comments
from the e-mails into the actual Web pages, review, make sure no links are
broken, and so forth.  I find it pretty draining.

I'm almost finished the prelims, and should start building the actual pages
tomorrow, with a first batch going up late Monday or early Tuesday.

Thanks for your patience and understanding, everyone.  After I'm finished this,
I've got my France stuff to scan...  :-/

Garth