Re: [OM] Which Lenses?

Subject: Re: [OM] Which Lenses?
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 00:45:49 EDT
If I were to just have 3 or 4 to start building a system and if I wanted to
keep the price one which was affordable, I probably go with a 24 mm f 2.8,
the 50 mm f 1.4, the 75-150, and either the 100 mm f 2.8 or the 135 mm f 2.8
(for portraits).  Having said that, I'll tell you that I really like the 50
mm f 3.5 macro, the 28-48 zoom, the 35-105 zoom and the 65-200 zoom.  I also
find having the Vivitar macro focusing teleconverter a handy piece of
equipment. Beware, this is how it all starts . . . you know I really wouldn't
to be without a lot of the primes that fit in those zoom ranges and the 500
mm mirror is a great lens, as is the 400 mm.  If you liked the motor drive on
the N*k*n you will probably need a Winder 2, and you will soon need at least
one of the flashes and they really work better it they are sitting on top of
a Grip 2.  You won't be happy with just the OM 1.  You will need a back up
body, and you may need one for color and one for B&W plus the back up. You
have the mechanical body now you may want to go to one of the automatics. The
2S has spot metering and you might find you need that and because they don't
make the circuit boards for that model anymore, I would have a back up for
that camera in case it craters.  You will need to keep most of this secret
from your significant other and tell her you took that second job to help
build up your nest egg for retirement.  You may need a PO Box so all this
stuff doesn't get shipped to your house . . . there are a lot of enablers on
this list.  I'm proud to be one of them.  Bill Barber