[OM] Which Lenses?

Subject: [OM] Which Lenses?
From: Richard Wozniak <richard.wozniak@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 19:45:50 -0500
I'm a new subscriber and new OM owner, having just bought my first OM, a
OM-1 (w/o) motordrive.  It's in very nice shape and came with a 50mm 1.4
lense.  I'm waiting on my first pictures back from the developer with it.

My long time camera is a Nikon N2000.  A manual focus, optional auto
exposure SLR with a built in motor drive.

I like the 1.4 pretty well.  It compares favorably with my Nikon 50mms.

Now I'm interested in what other lenses you would buy, and in what order.
As I prefer manual focus cameras I think the OM lenses are nicer, a little
better deal and not all replaced by plastic auto focus "equivilents" as
seems to be the case with Nikon lenses increasingly.

Some of my favorite Nikon lenses are a vintage 105mm 2.5, and a 70-200 zoom.

Which lenses are the best peforming and price performing Olympus lenses you
would fill out your system with if you were starting from scratch (well
starting from one normal actually?).

Subjects are almost exclusivly people, motorcycles and buildings.

Thanks!