[OM] Some observations on lens coating reflections

Subject: [OM] Some observations on lens coating reflections
From: Chuck Norcutt <norcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 17:35:19 -0400
I just sent my lens coating reflection data off to Paul Schings with the
following comments attached.  My 12 Zuikos (5 50mm 1.4/1.8's) are a
small sample but I don't recall these observations on the list before.

"One thing I noticed while going thru my lenses was green reflection =
black nose.  I thought at first that green reflection also = "Japan" on
the name ring but that one didn't hold completely.

The other thing I noticed was that my 85-250 has a strong, true red
reflection as well as green.  The red seems to be in place of the yellow
or yellow/orange I see on all my other lenses.  I don't own any other
Zuiko zoom lenses so maybe this is a zoom characteristic.  In all
discussions of coating reflections on the list I don't recall anyone
ever mentioning red... and this is really red."

Chuck Norcutt
Woburn, Massachusetts, USA